If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health emergency or is in a life-threatening situation, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room.
The Behavioral Health Center of Excellence does not receive any benefits or compensation to list these resources.
- A list from UC Davis Health with phone numbers for clinics, hotlines and counseling agencies across Sacramento.
- Provides a full array of culturally competent and linguistically proficient mental health services to individuals of all ages. Services include prevention and early intervention, outpatient services, case management services, crisis intervention and stabilization services, and inpatient psychiatric hospitalizations.
- The SacEDAPT Clinic serves Sacramento County residents, ages 12-25, who have Medi-Cal or are uninsured and are in the early stages of psychosis. "A Choice to Heal" is a video that features information on the SacEDAPT research program.
- The EDAPT Clinic serves individuals from around the Sacramento region, ages 12-40, who have insurance and are in the early stages of psychosis.
- The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences offers a wealth of opportunities for students and faculty for clinical and research applications in all aspects of psychiatry and behavioral sciences.
- The UC Davis MIND Institute (Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders) is a collaborative international research center, committed to the awareness, understanding, prevention, care, and cures of neurodevelopmental disorders.
- UC Davis psychiatry outpatient clinics are located in the Behavioral Health Center and Children's Behavioral Health Center buildings at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, California.
- The Mental Health Service at VA Northern California Health Care System provides treatment and consultation for a variety of issues that can impact emotional well-being.
Self-Help and Support Groups
- At the UC Davis SHCS Self-Help Library you will find books, websites, and mobile/tablet applications that are focused on health and wellness. These resources are designed to support self-help, promote wellness, and serve as adjunctive tools for SHCS services.
- NAMI Sacramento provides a variety of support groups for people with mental illnesses and their family members.
- To speak with a confidential trained crisis counselor 24/7, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) toll-free.